What is it?
It is a format to describe the problem we are trying to solve that ensures:
- We are thinking of the user's perspective and needs and problems
- We are not prescriptive and open the possibility to multiple solutions
- We are consistent in how we talk about problems across the company
- We will know when/how we have succeeded
- We are focused on KPI(s) that ties back to our overall OKR(s)
Why is it great?
All of the above.
How does it work?
The following is the format of the Problem Statement:
"We believe that [target user] have a [need OR problem] with [need/action/behaviour]. We will know that we have succeeded when [quantitative/measurable outcome or qualitative/observable outcome], which will contribute to [KPI]."